Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Who is investing with these fools?

Are people really this stupid? Sadly, apparently so. Some promoter of investments in Texas promised investors a return of 20% per year over two years. In addition, this Texas promoter promised that each investor would potentially receive another $15,000 to $18,000 over five years, plus even more crazy incentives.

I am not sure how many stupid fools invested with this guy, but the Texas State Securities Board's Enforcement Division stepped in and put a stop to it. Or, at least they thought so. The brazen nature of this promoter is unbelievable. While the promoter met with the Enforcement Division, after promising to stop his sham, he was still promoting it to investors on that very same day!

My book, Meet Wall Street. The Reason You're Stupid, 2nd Edition is on sale right now for $0.99 as an eBook at https://books.apple.com/us/book/meet-wally-street-the-reason-youre-stupid/id816020421?mt=11&app=itunes. The subtitle is very apropos for anyone fool enough to invest with this promoter. Hopefully the Texas State Securities Board stopped him before he stole too much money from investors. You can read the press release from the Texas State Securities Board here: https://www.ssb.texas.gov/news-publications/commissioner-enters-order-against-georgetown-promoter-fraudulent-medical.

If you had read my book, then you would not have fallen for an investment promoter like this guy. Let's have a little class on this, shall we? Your first clue to this being a sham was the 20% per year return promised over two years. He was only asking for $50,000 from each investor. That was your second clue. Your third clue was the additional return promised of another $15,000 to $18,000 over five years. Add these clues up and you have a sham investment of a 76% return on your money in five years. How can these guys even say this crap with a straight face? I would report a guy like this so fast they would not know what hit them. I majored in Criminal Justice and I believe in law and order. Besides, I am out here doing the right thing by people and these investment promoter types are ruining it for honest advisers like me.

Readers of my eBook will know that this type of investment violated my rules of investing. One of my rules is to "Keep it Public." By keeping it public, I mean that you should only invest in publicly traded investments listed on a stock exchange.  My other rule is to "Keep it Liquid." This investment was certainly not liquid. Once you gave this promoter your money, then that would likely be the last time you saw it. How are you going to comply with my two rules? This sham investment was not publicly traded and it was not liquid where you can get your money in as little as two business days. Therefore, as readers of my eBook know, this was a big, red flag and they would have never fallen for this investment promoter.

Oh by the way, did these investors check this guy's background? That's what I thought. Another egregious failure. Did they check to see if this was a securities offering registered in the State of Texas or granted an exemption from registration from the State of Texas? Of course, they did not. They just blindly hand their money over to investment promoters like this all the time. You can check an advisor's background at https://www.investor.gov/crs.

Ninety-nine cents will provide you the information to protect you from investment promoters like this guy. Now do you see why the subtitle of my book is "The Reason You're Stupid"? Unfortunately, you are very, very stupid if you invest with someone like this.

You need me in your corner. I am telling you.

https://www.marianfs.com


No comments:

Post a Comment