Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Marco Polo Johnson

It is tough when you lose a family member. Dogs, for most people, are considered family members and that was certainly the case for our family. December is a tough month for our family every year anyway, because my first son Reese died on December 6th and my brother David died on December 12th, late at night. This past Sunday, December 9th, our Rat Terrier, Marco Polo, who was 16 and 1/2 years old, passed away from complications related to a stroke.




It had been a long time for me since I personally lost a dog. The last time was my Old English Sheepdog named Bogie who died when I was in my 20's. It was really traumatic back then in the 1980's when Bogie died and even more so this week when Marco Polo Johnson died. You never want to see animals suffer, but you accept that this is the circle of life. You can only give thanks to God that you were blessed with this little guy for so long.

My wife and I are very sad to see him go as is my son and daughter. In dog years, he lived a long 115 1/2 years and trust me, he was in complete control for most of his days. He was crazy about my wife and kids, but he didn't like it if I hugged my wife. He would get jealous and bark at me! I loved him. The little stinker. We all did.

No comments:

Post a Comment