Saturday, January 19, 2013

Getting with the program

I have no idea what the beef was that the late Steve Jobs had with Adobe, but he had some reason for not adding Flash to anything Apple. Unfortunately for me, we had an Adobe flash web site at our firm. If we wanted to get with the program and allow people with tablets and mobile phones to see our web site, then it meant me getting advanced HTML5 skills.

I'm one of those people who believes that there is nothing that I cannot do. I already had HTML skills, but had no knowledge of how to do responsive web sites that resize automatically no matter what screen is viewing it. Why not learn about it?

Once in got into this, I quickly realized why web designers charge what the charge. There is a lot of time spent on testing each function of the web site. Also, there is a lot of trial and error. This work is tedious and takes a lot time.

However with a lot of late nights and weekends, I got the new web site up and going. There are some other things, like video that I may add later. For now though, I am satisfied enough to go live.

I hope you enjoy. http://www.marianfs.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment