Friday, April 22, 2011

My Marketing Brochure

Brian Tracy, the highly successful author, speaker and trainer wrote in one of his books that "you are only as strong as your weakest link." The thought process was to look at your weakest link and spend your time improving that skill. If your other skills are strong, then once you bring up your weakest link and make it stronger, then you will be well on your way to becoming more successful.

My weakest link is probably not having a marketing brochure to show new clients what makes me different. Instead of trying to create one on my own, I have hired a really talented graphic designer to put one together for me.

A book that I read, entitled, The Answer by John Assaraf & Murray Smith tells you about marketing. In it, they describe the critical factors for a brochure to be successful. These factors are:

  1. Grab
  2. Engage
  3. Inform
  4. Offer
Therefore, this marketing brochure that I wrote, but will be designed by Cheryl Mayo of Mayo Media in Jacksonville, Florida will have these four critical factors.

It is still a work in progress, but in order to "Grab" people's attention, on the front we will have several people, but the one in the middle will be a shadow with the question..."The Right Financial Adviser?"

When you open the brochure, the shadow will be replaced with my picture with the captions..."The Right Answer. The Right Financial Adviser."

Then, on the back, I will have my vision, why it is not about me and the reasons why I do what I do which should "Engage" the reader.

The "Inform" part of the story will be where I give the reader four choices for "The Right Answer. The Right Financial Adviser." These choices are:

  1. A financial advisor who works for a bank.
  2. A financial advisor who works for a Wall Street firm.
  3. A financial advisor who works primarily for an insurance company.
  4. A financial adviser who works at a Registered Investment Adviser firm.
After giving the reader these four choices, I will "Inform" them of "The Right Answer. The Right Financial Adviser."

To meet the "Offer" portion of the marketing brochure, I will showcase my book, Keep Your Assets. Take My Advice. It is Easier to Climb Out of a Shallow Hole. There will be an offer to purchase the book in the marketing brochure. The purpose is to also attract enough interest for prospective clients to go to our web site to see what we are all about then, pick up the phone and give me a call.

We are getting close to completion of my marketing brochure. Once it is completed, then I will publish it here on my blog. It will be strikingly different than anything you could ever imagine. Once you see it, then I am sure you will agree.

I would like to thank the many people involved in the making of the brochure.

Nancy and Steve Bennett at Living Image Photography in Jacksonville, FL who made me look as good as I can be made to look.
Cheryl Mayo at Mayo Media in Jacksonville, FL for her incredible design skills.
Brian Tracy for his great advice in trying to make you to be the best that you can possibly be.
John Assaraf & Murray Smith for the ideas in their book, The Answer, revolving around marketing.
Bob Veres, the author of Inside Information for inspiration and leadership of our investment adviser community.
Dewitt Jones, a National Geographic Photographer for his superb and inspiring words.
Jesus Christ, for his gift to me.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment