- You must be a U.S. Citizen or living in the U.S. legally.
- You must have been uninsured for the last six months.
- You have a pre-existing condition that can be documented by your doctor or doctors.
- 80/20 with a $2,000 deductible.
- 80.20 with a $1,000 deductible.
- 80/20 with a $2,500 deductible and a Health Savings Account.
We all know Health Insurance is expensive, but these rates seem to be fairly reasonable as compared to regular Health Insurance. I can see a huge benefit for the age 55 to 65 age group. Some of these people may have uninsurable conditions and they have been paying out of their own pocket for health care expenses. Now these uninsurables have an option.
Another category where this would be beneficial is for younger people who may have not had any Health Insurance and were in a tragic accident of some kind. Perhaps they have some long road of rehabilitation ahead of them. This would normally bankrupt a family having to pay these kind of expenses. At least now there is a option to help them.
So do the right thing and let your friends and family know that there is now this option available. It may be a good deed indeed for you to make them aware of PCIP.